Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi I'm the new kid (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Night
-
Night

Male Number of posts : 26
Affliation : X-men
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Hi I'm the new kid (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Night walked up to the entrance of the mansion slowly, not sure what to expect. They said this place would help him with his "gifts". Well I sure hope so Night thought as he walked through the grounds.Night saw many other people here atleast. "Well atleast I'm not the only one here" Night muttered under his breath as he reached for the door and walked inside.Well here goes nothing.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

Female Number of posts : 72
Affliation : L-Neutral, A&C-Xmen
Single or taken (rp wise) : ALL-Single
Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 pm

((Hey, so sorry that I'm not replying till now!! I've been traveling the last couple of days and I haven't had internet...))

Character: Avis Hemming

Avis had been frittering around the campus as her favorite shifter shape (a hummingbird) all morning. It was her way of checking out the new kids. Plenty arrived each day, and this way she could get a feeling on who needed to be left alone, and who really needed a friend to guide them around the Institute. So far she'd helped four kids to their dorms, and given a few others a tour. Now however, she'd decided that it was time to find her twin, Cat.

Avis flew in through the open window of the main room, and landed on the floor. Then, concentrating on her human form, she slowly morphed back to normal; or well, as normal as she usually was. Her completely black eyes and bird ears always stayed with her, which was why she used an image inducer. However, since she was at the Institute, she didn't use it.

As Avis scanned the crowd of kids---they would need to add onto the building soon, this place was getting crowded, even for her---she spotted the main door swinging open. A guy, probably 15 or so, her age, walked in. He looked a little lost, maybe a little hesitant. Avis smiled; Cat could wait.

She threaded herself through the crowd, trying to get to the boy. Finally, she stood in front of him.

"Hi, I'm Avis. Welcome to the Institute."
She said, offering her hand.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Night hesitated before walking in. He looked around and noticed a girl walking toward him. When she introduced herself as Avis, Night was suprised she didn't ignore him like most other people.

"Hey" Night replied rubbing his eyes "I'm Night and were you just a bird?" Night ask and instantly regreted asking such a stupid question. Great well that didn't sound like i'm crazy at all Night thought.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:03 pm

"Hey" the boy, and rubbed his eyes, "I'm Night and were you just a bird?"

Avis laughed. "Had you asked any other person, they would have backed away slowly. Luckily, you asked me, so the answer is yes, I was just a bird." She said, her completely black eyes sparkling. "Nice to meet you Night. That's a pretty cool name."

"My power is shape-shifting. From Hummingbirds to Cassowaries, you name it and I can most likely turn into it." Avis said. "I'm guessing that this is your first day here. I can show you around if you'd like, hopefully make you feel more at home." Avis offered. "I know it can be a bit unnerving or even a bit frightening at first, believe, I was eight when I first came here, but after a while, it really starts to feel like home. And everyone's really nice." Avis chattered. Her sister Cat often said that Avis' mouth was like a hummingbird's wings: it never stopped moving. Avis smiled a bit at Night. "I hope you'll like it here."

Last edited by Laila/Avis/Cat on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 pm

"Thanks, I have no idea what to do first here." Night said as he looked around the main hall. It seemed that people were starting to clear out of the hall. Then Night realized that Avid answered his crazy question about her being a bird. "Wait so you were really a bird?!" Night said in disbelief. So there are others like me! Night thought happily.

"So what's first?"
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 am

"Thanks, I have no idea what to do first here." Night said. Avis smiled, and then followed his gaze around the hall. People were clearing out---lunch was soon, and Avis knew at least half of them were starting to make their way to the kitchen. "That's alright. As of right now, it's best to stay as far away from the kitchen as possible. Believe, you don't want to be in there when a few certain people are hungry. It gets pretty crazy." Avis said, remembering the time she'd thought she could sneak in there and grab something. The older guys (and girls) were unstoppable when it came to food.

"Wait so you were really a bird?!" Night exclaimed. Avis smiled again.

"Yeps. Through and through. I can show you again if you'd like."
Avis said.

"So what's first?" Night asked. Avis thought for a moment.

"Well, since we're already in here, I guess we'll start in this room. This, is the Main Hall. Most exits and entrances to the school come through here. Upstairs," Avis said, gesturing to the giant staircase, "is where all the dorms are. You'll find out who's your dormmate soon enough. Luckily for me, I share with my twin. And down that hallway right there is the game room and living room and such. There's also the entrance to the gardens and pool down there." Avis guided, pointing to each thing she mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Night followed Avis's finger as she pointed to to all the different areas in the mansion.

Now that Night was paying more attention to the different people, he started to noticed that some of the other students looked different than some of the others, and some of the normal looking people were using their various abilities to entertain one another.

"So all these people are like us? That's awsome! Night exclaimed as he watched the other students show off their powers. "Man your powers are epic! Night said as he turned back to face Avid.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 pm

"So all these people are like us? That's awsome!" Night said. Avis followed his gaze around the room, and watched his expression as he realized that everyone there had special powers like he did. The other students in the room were busy entertaining one another, some shifting, some catching on fire, others shooting things out of their eyes and hands. It is pretty impressive, if you're see it for the first time. Avis thought.

"Yeah. This school is just for kids like us. It's here to help us train with our powers, and use them for good. It also gives us a place to be safe, and just be ourselves. We don't have to walk around with image inducers here. like we do at school and other public places. We can just be us." Avis said, gesturing at her completely black eyes and virtually non-existent ears.

"Man your powers are epic!" Night exclaimed. Avis smiled. "I guess. They're not the best though. And speaking of powers, what are yours?" Avis asked, her compulsive curiosity surfacing.

((Hey, just so you know I'm going to camp tomorrow, and I will not be able to get on...I think. If I do, great, but I wouldn't expect it. I'll be back on Saturday though.))
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm

"Well..." Nightsaid as he held out his hand. Let's hope I don't burn down the mansion... Night thought as he focused all his will power into his hand. " I'm not very good at this but i'll try" Night said as he produced a small fireball in his palm. "Well thats better then usual, normaly I can barely make a small flicker" Night exclaimed.

"So ya I can control fire with my mind ish" Night said with a sheepish smile "but usualy I just burn things down by accident."
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:58 am

"Well..." Night said. He looked a little nervous. Avis smiled encouragingly. She always loved meeting new people and observing new powers. Avis loved the variety and uniqueness that came with each new person and power. Being around people in general was something she loved, and being around people with powers was even better. It made things so much easier.

" I'm not very good at this but i'll try" Night said, looking like he was concentrating. Suddenly, a fireball appeared in his hand. It flickered and fluttered in the movement of those in the room. "Well thats better then usual, normaly I can barely make a small flicker" Night exclaimed. Avis beamed. This is way cool. She thought.

"So ya I can control fire with my mind ish" Night said sheepishly. "You're a Pyro!" Avis exclaimed. She'd always wanted to meet a Pyro. Controlling fire seemed way awesome. "but usualy I just burn things down by accident." Night contiued. Avis smiled. "Don't worry; pretty much everything here is fire-proof." She said. Her day just became so much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:42 am

"Well that's good because if everything wasn't't fire-proof, the mansion might not be here" Night joked as he closed he hand, extinguishing the flame in his hand.
"So what do we do now?" Night asked "also what kind of things can we do around here?"

Well at least she thinks my powers are cool Night thought happily.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:14 pm

"Well that's good because if everything wasn't't fire-proof, the mansion might not be here" Night joked. Avis laughed, her voice sounding a bit like a bird call. Cute, and funny. Avis thought. Bonus: he's a Pyro as well. She watched Night close his hand, and the fire went out.

"So what do we do now?"
Night asked "also what kind of things can we do around here?"

"Well, I can always show you to your room, and leave you to get your stuff together, or I can give you a tour." Avis said. "We can go swimming, walk around the gardens, practice our powers, watch TV, play virtual games in the Game Room, take a chaperone to pretty much anywhere in the city, go to the woods..." Avis said. Reciting all they could do to Night made her realize just how much there really was at the Institute. Cat would never again be able to complain about being bored.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:56 am

How 'bout we go practice our powers? Night asked Your probably don't need it but I sure do! Night laughed. C'mon it'll be fun! Night said happily.

I can finally practice my control over my powers and not be looked at like i'm crazy Night thought back to the time he almost burned down his old school.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:15 am

"How 'bout we go practice our powers?" Night said.
"Sounds fun!" Avis replied, smiling.
"Your probably don't need it but I sure do!" Night laughed.
"Believe me, I need the practice." Avis said.
"C'mon it'll be fun!" Night said, obviously happy. Avis couldn't help but laugh and smile back. Finally, someone else who actually wanted to practice. Over the summer, Cat had been the only person willing to practice with Avis. Everyone else had complained that it was summer and that they needed the break.
"Where should we go? We can't go down into the Danger Room unless we're with a class, but the woods and ground are open for destruction." Avis joked.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:50 am

"Well ok then! To the forest!" Night said as he turned towards the door to the mansion. " Time to burn down the forest! he added jokingly. Night really like Avid so far. She was the most excepting person he had ever met. Well time to practice! Night smirked. "Let's do this."
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:42 am

"Well ok then! To the forest!" Night said, and turned towards the door.

"Into the woods!" Avis added.

"Time to burn down the forest!"
Night said jokingly. Avis laughed and smiled. She was really starting to like Night. He was like her, and got her jokes and was way cool. Avis had lots of friends, but she'd never met anyone like Night. He seemed to be shy at first, but she hoped that she'd be able to bring him out of his shell.

"Let's do this." Night said.

"Agreed." Avis said, and pushed open the door, letting rays of sunshine fall around them.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the new kid (Private)   Hi I'm the new kid (Private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm the new kid (Private)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of Mutants :: Xavier Institute :: Main Hall-
Jump to: