Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Role Playing Tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jean Grey
Admin/Omega
Jean Grey

Female Number of posts : 763
Affliation : X-Men
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Role Playing Tips Empty
PostSubject: Role Playing Tips   Role Playing Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Now i know we already have all this posted elsewhere on the site, i just want to put it here as a reminder.

Credit to these go to all the admin.

1.) there is no sentence limit. and please post in 3rd person, it makes it easier for a couple of us to understand
(Btw 3rd person is 'She spent her days at school trying to stay out of trouble, but for her, it was quite impossible.')

2.) please, try and put in correct spelling/punctuation. Do your best. I enjoy not having to reread things fifty times just to understand what it says.

3.) please do not copy the dialog of other characters. We take pride in our genuineness.
Jake has some clever lines and ideas. If you're going to copy ideas- please at least be discrete about it. As in don't take the idea two posts after someone posted it.

4.) Godmodding is: -Doing things that are physically impossible. (yes there are some things even mutant freaks can't do.) -Your character knowing things they cannot possibly know. (Just because you know, doesn't mean your character does.) -Controlling what others do....(without a good reason....)

5.) It doesn't hurt to post a little more, you can always speak, have an action and think. Even if you keep this at the basic level you should be able to pull out 3-5 sentences.

6.) Do not use how someone writes against them. For example, if I say something about Jake's metal arm and your character has not seen it nor heard he has it, that character shouldn't know Jake has a metal arm.
Think about it like this: In a movie we can sometimes see what the bad guy is planning. But when we, the audience sees it, does the hero see the plan? No.

7.) This applies to telepaths. Follow rule no. 6 to an extent. If your character isn't the type to invade other people's privacy then don't read their minds without permission. Also remember that some people are trained to put up mental barriers to protect more secretive information. So pretty much you can only read surface thoughts like "Oh crap I totally forgot to study for the test!" Without permission or straining yourself

8.) If you post as someone else in your post, i.g. as yourself and a teacher, please change the color of the one that is not your character.

9.) Do not post as other people unless given permission and at least one of the admin know about it
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Admin/Alpha/The X-men's Soilder 'A'
Jake Arin

Female Number of posts : 1535
Affliation : X-men
Single or taken (rp wise) : single and always will be.
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Role Playing Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Tips   Role Playing Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:33 am

Oh, another tip. We experienced role-players prefer you use a turn system
eg. Jake posts, Jean posts, Kitty posts, Matt posts.
That way no one gets left in the dust when they have to leave.
People seem to have a bad habit of getting into a conversation and completely overwhelming anyone else trying to post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.citiesofdarkness.forumotion.net
Kitty Pryde / Ororo
Admin/Alpha/Resident Diva
Kitty Pryde / Ororo

Female Number of posts : 2074
Affliation : X-Men
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single. My prefrences are furry, blue, and with gold eyes
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Role Playing Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Tips   Role Playing Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Turn order says Kitty post so Imma posting lol

Tip from me, don't just show up in random places, for one, its weird. Two if your in every topic our already thread thin established time line might break.
Back to top Go down
https://xmenrise.rpg-board.net
Matt / Magneto
Admin/Beta/Master of Formal Beat downs
Matt / Magneto

Male Number of posts : 854
Affliation : Brotherhood
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Role Playing Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Tips   Role Playing Tips I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 am

Something that seems to have been left out, also one of my biggest pet peeves.
Bunnying.
-A term used in roleplaying, bunnying is taking control of characters other than your own in order to make the storyline go the way you want it to. Closely related to god modding.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bunnying

Also as a rule of thumb to whjat kitty said, i like to only be in one topic at a time, it keeps my timeline standing.
But since this is a clone/liquid role playing site, i try to keep in a MAX of three.
-Thats not carved in stone, its just numbers i've found to work well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Role Playing Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Playing Tips   Role Playing Tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role Playing Tips
Page 1 of 1