Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Arin
Admin/Alpha/The X-men's Soilder 'A'
Jake Arin

Female Number of posts : 1535
Affliation : X-men
Single or taken (rp wise) : single and always will be.
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Alright, on another site we came up with a few basic rules to follow. Well, more of accepted guidelines. They're unspoken rules that I'm saying for clarification. Especially for those new people to role playing.

1.) there is no sentence limit. and please post in 3rd person, it makes it easier for a couple of us to understand
(Btw 3rd person is 'She spent her days at school trying to stay out of trouble, but for her, it was quite impossible.')

2.)please, try and put in correct spelling/punctuation. I'll admit i suck at grammer and spelling, but do your best. I enjoy not having to reread things fifty times just to understand what it says.

3.) please do not copy the dialog of other characters. We (Especially me) take pride in our guinuesness.
Jake has some clever lines and ideas. If you're going to copy ideas- please atleast be discrete about it. As in don't take the idea two posts after someone posted it.

4) Godmodding is: -Doing things that are physically impossible. (yes there are some things even mutant freaks can't do.) -Your character knowing things they cannot possibly know. (Just because you know, doesn't mean your character does.) -Controling what others do....(without a good reason....)

Please post more rules/guidelines as they come.

Last edited by Jake Arin on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.citiesofdarkness.forumotion.net
Kitty Pryde / Ororo
Admin/Alpha/Resident Diva
Kitty Pryde / Ororo

Female Number of posts : 2074
Affliation : X-Men
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single. My prefrences are furry, blue, and with gold eyes
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Jake Arin wrote:

'She spent her days at school trying to stay out of trouble, but for her, it was quite impossible.'

Trying to say something there Jake
Back to top Go down
https://xmenrise.rpg-board.net
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 pm

???... oh, no. I was just copying what Kris put on the noob topic in halfblood, being too lazy to make up my own example.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Admin/Beta/Master of Formal Beat downs
Matt / Magneto

Male Number of posts : 854
Affliation : Brotherhood
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:02 pm

5) It doesn't hurt to post a little more, you can always speak, have an action and think. Even if you keep this at the basic level you should be able to pull out 3-5 sentences.
About a year ago i was on sites(2) posting 4-5 paragraphs per post, then the sites died and i haven't rejoined any due to lack of time. Then i got lazy and started matching posts that were here. Not going to ask for you to start making expert posts, but maybe people(myself included) should make an idea of working towards quality and quantity... Starting with quality.
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:07 pm

I have to second that... Please explain how you do something to clear up any confusion.
And also:

6) Do not use how someone writes against them. For example, if I say something about Jake's metal arm and your character has not seen it nor heard he has it, that character shouldn't know Jake has a metal arm.
Think about it like this: In a movie we can someties see what the bad guy is planning. But when we, the audiance sees it, does the hero see the plan? No.
Back to top Go down
Kitty Pryde / Ororo
Kitty Pryde / Ororo

Single or taken (rp wise) : Single. My prefrences are furry, blue, and with gold eyes

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 pm

In short Number 6 means use Dramatic Irony
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:32 pm

yah. that. I was worried people wouldn't get it... there's all speeds.
Back to top Go down
Kitty Pryde / Ororo
Kitty Pryde / Ororo

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:34 pm

7) This applies to telepaths. Follow rule no. 6 to an extent. If your character isn't the type to invade other people's privacy then don't read their minds without premission. Also remember that some people are trained to put up mental barriers to protect more secretive information. So pretty much you can only read surface thoughts like "Oh crap I totally forgot to study for the test!" Without premission or straining yourself
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Beta/Lupine
Wolfy

Male Number of posts : 846
Single or taken (rp wise) : ~Forever Alone~
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 pm

My noob topic...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplaying Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Help   Roleplaying Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of Mutants :: Getting Started :: RolePlaying 101-
Jump to: