Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Activity Check / Ideas.

Go down 
+4
Spyke
Blair Nox
Layla Cambers (Felidae)
Matt / Magneto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt / Magneto
Admin/Beta/Master of Formal Beat downs
Matt / Magneto

Male Number of posts : 854
Affliation : Brotherhood
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Activity Check / Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:54 pm

As stated, post if you are active and please add any ideas you may have that would make this place more fun to be around.
Back to top Go down
Layla Cambers (Felidae)
-
Layla Cambers (Felidae)

Female Number of posts : 101
Affliation : X-Men
Single or taken (rp wise) : single
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Im active and plan to keep it that way :3
Back to top Go down
Blair Nox
Alpha
Blair Nox

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Wow... Been such a long time... I'll try to be as active as I can in the next two months, after May 24th I'll be active completely. I'm sorry for not getting on the site in literally forever.
As for ideas, I have none as of now. All I can really suggest is to get some sort of plot going.
Back to top Go down
Spyke
Alpha
Spyke

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:46 am

I've been busy with school, basketball, and some other things, that I've barley gotten on, but I still might not get on all the time. But I'll be active.
Back to top Go down
Layla Cambers (Felidae)
-
Layla Cambers (Felidae)

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:45 am

I just had an idea! Im an experienced forum Role Player, Ive seen a lot of websites that have a board or sub-board for members to write "Journals" and detailed lists that let members keep track of the friend and love relationships between their characters (often times these lists incorporate song lyrics to describe their friends). If you want an example of that "List" thing I can try to link to one of mine from my own rpg forums.

I just thought these would be fun little extra things to do on the side between posting replies and stuff. Also, they kind of make things interesting cuz they let other members know who this character is "interested" in or let other members know what this character is personally going through.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:28 pm

I recall a couple things like that myself from a few sites. It would add depth, instead of just role playing in topics you can write out how your character feels about the events.
I think I'd make a character development board, move RP requests and the Stat update area into it and add a Journal sub-board.

Something else to think about would be to remove all canons, then we don't need to worry about how canons interact and how the plot worked in the show, it can be a stand alone role play board based off the show.
I know it's been brought up before so it's just something to think about again.
Back to top Go down
Spyke
Alpha
Spyke

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:34 pm

I've seen things like that on forums. Its pretty fun
Back to top Go down
Layla Cambers (Felidae)
-
Layla Cambers (Felidae)

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:41 pm

b'awwww but I like the canons! D:

I see your point, cuz it would make this site more original, but then if we take the canons out, it wouldnt be much of an X-Men Evolution RPG, more of an "original" X-Men RPG.... :/

Im not sure matching the site's plot with the series' plot spot on would be "necessary" (for lack of a better word, literally, I cant think of the words to say exactly what Im thinking, lol)...?? I think it's cooler to keep the canons and still some of the same plots from the series, but overall let the canons and original characters make their own story. :3
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Removing the canons isn't something that I'm going to make happen, I'm have no intent of making anything happen unless it has the support of the members. Plus it's not like we wouldn't allowed characters based off the canons - such as my character Matt, his powers are a pretty big rip from Gambit, I'll admit it's because I love gambit but I don't feel I could give him justice as a character.
Perhaps just making a note to steer from the shows plot would be fine.

Something else to add is my course got hit with a daily boot polishing parade, so my internet time is going to be limited for the nest 4 days or so, at least.
We're working into our commanding officers inspection so our standards jumped.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Beta/Lupine
Shadow

Female Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Active.

But, maybe we can do something like birthday banner. Friends of mine on a Harry Potter RP http://www.hogwartschange.com/ do just that.
Back to top Go down
Layla Cambers (Felidae)
-
Layla Cambers (Felidae)

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 pm

:) That's a good idea Shadow, Ive seen those on HP sites before too! If anyone needs any graphics made for this site I'd gladly give it a go, Im pretty good at Photoshop.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Beta/Lupine
Shadow

Female Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:03 am

Yeah, and I can work a bit with Sketchbook. Still getting used to it, but it works.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 pm

If you'd like to do anything that'd help I'd be more the happy to accept it. I have no means to creating anything myself.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Don't like double posting but I want to make sure this is seen.

I'm a bit tied up right now so I can't really spend time cleaning the site up until Friday(maybe Thursday), by Sunday I want to get some advertisements around other RP sites.
I'll be working on a site ad to post around, I thought there was one here but I can't find it. As above if anyone is interested in creating something I'll gladly consider it.
Back to top Go down
Animal
Alpha/Changeling
Animal

Number of posts : 103
Single or taken (rp wise) : Animal: Single Cosmos: "Widowed"
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 am

Well, I got your email, so I came back, and I'll try to be active from here on out (I'm graduating college... so no homework will probably help activity lol)
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Beta/Lupine
Wolfy

Male Number of posts : 846
Affliation : X-men
Single or taken (rp wise) : ~Forever Alone~
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 pm

As for activity, I'm not suppose to be on my computer. My grades are not going so well, and on top of that I'm not hanging out with a good crowd these days, but I can certainly make an effort. I love this site, even though I do go inactive a lot. Plus I've gotten better at roleplaying! :3
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Male Number of posts : 418
Single or taken (rp wise) : In a complicated relationship with Akachi
Registration date : 2012-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 pm

I hate to say this guys but I think this place is over. There aren't even people logging in anymore, it just seems like everyone has given up on the site. So really, unless you guys can prove me wrong, I'm afraid I am going to go as well.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 am

I've said I'm not happy with the site in it's current state but there hasn't really been enough reason to step up and make a mass change, and I made the offer to take over to a few people as well as an offer to become staff.
Even if I haven't been logging in everyday I still get notice of messages sent to my e-mail, I'm usually very close to the last person to leave a site but it's about time I take my leave as well.

... I'll still likely keep the e-mail notice or check in once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Male Number of posts : 418
Single or taken (rp wise) : In a complicated relationship with Akachi
Registration date : 2012-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:06 am

I guess if your going I could take over for you. I still hang around here. Who knows, it might come back someday
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Added you as an admin, I don't have the time or desire to really do anything with the site. Since Kitty's long gone I'd recommend bombing the whole thing in favor of your image. To be honest if I were in your position I'd just make a new site but they tend to fail more often then not.

A good two years is a pretty decent run for these sites, can't really complain when you look at it that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activity Check / Ideas.   Activity Check / Ideas. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activity Check / Ideas.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of Mutants :: OOC :: Member Suggestions/Complaints/Questions-
Jump to: